Things to keep in mind while we’re all feasting and giving thanks tomorrow :).
1) Start your day like any other day—get in a good workout and a healthy breakfast with protein. This will rev up your metabolism, and keep you fuller longer so you don’t start the munching marathon as soon as you roll out of bed ;).
2) Drink lots of water all day—it’s important to stay hydrated, and give your stomach time to realize “holiday” does not equate “food hoarding” with your stomach as the storage closet. I mean, if your family is anything like my family, Thanksgiving dinner is just the cherry on top—we have Thanksgiving DAY. So drinking plenty of water will help you keep yourself from mindlessly munching without end.
3) Take a lap around the house about every hour.
4) Limit your alcoholic intake—I know, I know…with football on, it sounds ludicrous, but trust me…trust your gut ;).
5) At the dinner table fill half your plate with veggies—and no not half a plate of mashed potatoes—one-quarter of your plate with carbs, and one-quarter of your plate with meat.
6) Pie time? Have 1/3 of a normal slice.
7) Love BIG <3
Happy Thanksgiving y’all! I’m so grateful for everyone who has ever taken the time to stop by this site, and/or joined in and helped with any of our events.
BIG LOVE & BIG HUGS