And award season continues! I love it. There were a lot of gorgeous gowns on the red carpet, and I couldn’t get enough of it. So here are some of my favorite looks of the night:
1) Surprisingly, there was a lot of black; but everyone who wore black wore something uniquely stunning…well, most of them did. One of my favorite black dresses of the night includes Michelle Dockery’s vintage Chado Ralph Rucci—she looked fierce in a simple black floor length dress, with just the right dose of sexy to make you go “Wow.”
2) Another black dress I love love love was Julie Bowen in what looked like a black, leather, floor-length dress, with jewel-embellished sleeves. It fit her to a T and the sleeves just made her whole look hot hot hot. I hate myself for not knowing who designed the dress, but hopefully Fashion Police or someone will tell me tomorrow.
3) Marion Cotillard—I just love her. First, her sleek haircut was très chic! If I could pull off short hair, I’d be inspired to chop my locks off right now. And her dress—Dior perfection—just beautiful.
4) Nicole Kidman was stunning in navy blue Vivienne Westwood. When she brings it, she really brings it. The slit was fierce, but not too high. There was a lot of that Angelina Jolie leg action going on at the Golden Globes, and I’m glad Nicole didn’t pull that here. I loved her short, straight hair, too; but I’m not sure it was right with the dress. I would have liked to see her hair up in soft, loose curls.
5) Justin Timberlake—the moment I saw him, I just thought he looks darling, just so handsome I want to squeeze him. He looked like a gentleman. I love his suit, but I’m not sure it was right for this occasion. It looked to me more like he was going for a smoke and brandy at the gentleman’s club, rather than attending the SAG Awards, even though the SAG Awards are more fun and relaxed than the the Golden Globes and the Oscars.
6) January Jones hands down made the biggest fashion statement in a black and white Prabal Gurung. I’m not sure I loved it, but I love her for always taking risks with fashion and embracing the art of it.
7) Sticking with the “Mad Men” family, Kiernan Shipka was darling in her little Oscar de la Renta dress. It was girly and age appropriate, and the soft blush color complemented her so well she looked like a doll.
8) I have to give a shout out to Sally Fields. I love that woman. It seems that as some women get older, many fear bright colors, but Sally Field wore a beautiful bright purple dress, and proved that age ain't nothin' but a number.
9) Couple of the night award goes to Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner. They are seriously so cute. Anyone remember the Ben and Gwyn days—as in Gwyneth Paltrow? Or the Bennifer days? I’m so glad he finally found the right girl to settle down with, and that they have such a beautiful family together.
10) My #1 dress of the evening was Ellie Kemper in a sea foam Reem Acra. The architecture, the details, and the color of the dress were simply magnificent. She looked like an angel princess. It was ethereal.
Take a look at all the gorgeous looks of the night: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/27/sag-awards-2013-red-carpet-photos-fashion-dresses_n_2563678.html#slide=2031780
BIG LOVE & HUGS